31st May 2022
We are seeking a full time office administrator/receptionist at the auction rooms.
The full job description is:
The Office Administrator/Receptionist will be jointly responsible for the day to day management of the reception and undertaking administrative functions at the busy Mendip Auction Rooms.
The successful candidate will work closely with other members of staff and will use dedicated auction software in carrying out all administrative duties associated with the staging of auctions and liaise with the providers of auction software.
Attention to detail is key and excellent English skills and numeracy are required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The role will include:
· Managing the reception area, including welcoming customers and guests
· Managing company correspondence, including phone calls, emails, letters and packages
· Processing entry forms, lotting, cataloguing and condition reports
· Handling invoices and taking payments
· Processing payments to clients and maintaining payment records
· Managing office supplies
· Working closely with the valuers including making appointments and diary management
· Assisting with the postage and packing of items
The role is intended to be one of flexibility working within the team to ensure the successful staging of auctions.
PERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Attention to detail vital and a desire to strive for perfection.
The ability to prioritise and work calmly and effectively to comply with tight timescales.
The ability to work unsupervised and using own initiative.
An enthusiastic, friendly and helpful manner for dealing with clients face-to-face and on the telephone.
A practical approach with excellent common sense.
Basic computer skills with familiarity with Office software.
Good English, numeracy and communication skills (verbal and written).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
Application should be made to:
Mendip Auction Rooms
or preferably by email to: email@example.com